Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Snow Snow Snow...Pray....School

So far, school has been cancelled for two days this week. I am thankful, because it has allowed me to rest. Also, last Friday was the end of the semester, so I don't have any schoolwork to fret about (maybe reading Brave New World...yet I've already read it twice in my life).

The time away from school and in this house makes me think.

What's next?

Ever since Sunday's service, I've felt rejuvenated with the love of the Lord. Sunday was also the first day I cracked open my Bible and really read, really thought, and really understood the Word in a long time. I'm thankful that He has blessed me with time to pray and pray. Usually during school is when I want to pray the most. But it's a constant motion of thinking and writing and walking and speaking and either failing or passing that is a distraction. God wants us to put the business of our lives aside in order to have time for Him. It surprises me how differently society has changed. Back in ancient times people had to find ways to survive every single day. Do we do that? And instead of asking for things, they THANKED the Lord (which also reminds me of the scene of Utopia in Candide). In my prayers I've been learning the joy THANKING gives more than asking.

Still waiting to hear back from VCU. It shall be nice to hear whether or not I'm accepted, to have that secure feeling of what school I'll be attending next year. But my heart has definitely decided on VCU, so hopefully the reply from them will correspond with these feelings.

No comments: